Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Work, WOrk , Work, WOrk, Tumor, Work

Tina has been neglected the last few weeks. I have been pretty busy at work. It is tough when you are the moderator of the whole lending process and you are excited for people to buy homes and refinance and save money. I wish this job were drifting nearer to what it used to be. Right now I feel like each day is another 15 disasters waiting to happen. Unfortunately, it is not just me and my loans- It is everyone in this industry. It is difficult to deal with the stresses and they are created because there is real consequences when things go wrong. I feel that my job in this world is a good one. I am growing weary of it, but I could be in a lot more odious industry.

Some look at mortgage brokers as glorified used car salesmen (by the way I love all you car salesmen out there- you get a bad rap). I can tell you though that were it not for our industry, banks would completely own all of us by now (reasons for this for another blog post). Not to mention, those of us who do honestly work to get every client the best deal possible, with diligience. I talk to people everyday who could be talked into rediculously terrible loans. The sales side of this industry is very simple once you get the hang of it- An unethical loan officer could completely exploit the minor needs of someone to get them to do a loan even if it is not in their overall best interests.

OK- boring blog but I needed to give myself a little pep talk on why I shouldn't tell everyone to get out and change the message to say, "Ryan is in Mexico working as a skipper on a fishing boat, Alisa is braiding hair on the beach, and Deme is undercutting the locals and selling chicklets for one peso on the church steps. Leave a message and we will call you at Christmas...beep" That is kind of a dream.

1P- 19Q deletion present- this is a favorable prognosis for the patient. That is what the pathologist said which I think is a good thing. My friend Emily told me that I really needed to update my blog so that everyone would not worry. So there you have it. I am not worried, at least not about this tumor, at least not right now. Thanks for you prayers, support, love and friendship. Pray for those in need, and take an opportunity to help someone if God presents the chance.

6 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I am so glad that you are busy at work. Sometimes it takes away the other worries in our lives. I wish I could say the same for me. I don't know if you heard, but I got laid off from FATCO (bastards!) So I am staying home taking care of my 3 girls and loving it, but wondering how everything is going to turn out for us. I love reading your blog and am glad to get updates. You are continually in our prayers and the family as well. Keep up the good spirits. Love ya.

Joel Frost said...

Shoot dude, I'll be your second mate on the ship brother. I am ready to checkout as well.

nhappygirl said...

I will come to Mexico with you! I love you, you Lumpy boy.

Nancy

fuelMybrain said...

Well, thank you Emily for staying on his butt. Thanks for the update, and it's good to hear that atleast you have work to keep going.

Oh how I know all too well of the dark side of some LOs.

As far as Tina - we're loving our new juicer... worth trying to give your immune system a little boost. We've been bouncing off the walls! Who knew, natural crack was just a squeeze away. LOL

Now, get back to work :/
<3 from all of us out here!!!

Kimbie said...

Luv ya RyRy, one day at a time :)

JeNae said...

Just ventured from your mama's blog after hearing there of the good news about Tina's last days approaching!!! Thank Heavens! Being a wife of a previously successful and ethical mortgage broker AND used car salesman, I have to say I am grateful for your display and desire to do honest hard work in helping other people gain and maintain a roof over their heads that's not eating them alive. I-Yai-Yai- there are too many stupid people out there!

If you end up fishing in Mexico I'll come by for a lesson :)

Take Care-- JeNae <3 <3