Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Feeling good in the hood

I have a lot of things that I want to speak about, but my patience nor yours is nearly developed enough and neither of us have enough time to type or hear about 1/10th of the things going through my thick head lately.

1st- good info on the baby front today. Alisa had an ultrasound and all looks good. 10 fingers and toes, 2 legs and arms, 4 ventricles, 1? We did not find out.

2nd- Met with my Neuro Oncologist today- I am going off of one of my seizure drugs. Dilantin out, Keppra still in. keppra is the choice because it does not interfere at all with the Chemo that I might start in late May. I have an MRI on 5/19 and that will be telling as to Tina's growth or shrinkage. When I meditate I am going to imagine that Tina is in a cold swimming pool and that George Kastanzaesque, she is going to shrink like a vienna sausage. Then Elaine (aka Dr. Chocair my neuro-onco), will bust into the room and my tumor will be shrunk down to half its normal size and I will scream shrinkage! Also, good news is my liver and kidney functions are normal.

3rd- Someone spray painted my dog's butt on Sunday. What a douche. Kaiser is a pretty laid back dog and just likes to play with other dogs. I let him out the back yard for about 30 minutes while I vacuumed. Yes, I was doing the vacuuming. Alisa was taking a nap as it should be- she is prego. All of the neighbors thought that she wrote the letter that Deme and I posted on their doors, because it said, "While I was vacuuming..." Kaiser attacks the vacuum. My initial intuition of who I suspected of being a huge jerk, was backed up by 4 neighbors phone calls. No eye witnesses, but all people who said that there is a person who doesn't like dogs. Funny thing, they have a dog, which is why Kaiser was hanging out saying hello to their dog. Also, they have a swimming pool which could easily be filled with flung dog pooh later this summer. Is flung a word? I know it was them due to the fresh snow and dog prints that I tracked like a starved mountain man. They will hear from me and apologize. Oh yes. Or they will rue the day they spray painted my dog.

OK - This post is edited- I had a 4th item in here last night, but when I woke up it was not funny and could have been slightly offensive. I hate to self-censor, but fillet mignon was on sale at Costco yesterday and so we bought a few. I seared them on the griddle and then broiled for 5 minutes a side adding kosher salt. Perfect, restaurant quality medium rare. You can't eat a steak like that with out a little cabernet. There is a reason I don't like wine. Two glasses and my sense of humor is off, my head hurts, and its snowing.

4 comments:

Joel Frost said...

I don't know if flung is a word, but I am pretty sure it is a woman's name in chinese. Example: Yu Flung Pu (in the neighbors pool after they spray painted your dogs but.

By the way, I am pretty shitfaced when I see cruelty to animals. I will confront the shit out of that guy with you. Seriously I want to tackle him and spray his genitals with icy hot. What a douche.

Janan said...

"Don't women know about shrinkage?"
Poor doggie!

John Ray said...

So, what color was the paint on your dog's butt?

~ One Girl ~ said...

Someone really spray painted your dogs bum? What?