Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update

Once again the day is over, and I still don't feel like blogging or talking much. Has anyone else ever suffered from communication overload? It is a cousin to information overload, only it makes you not want to talk to anyone, even the people closest to you.

Had an MRI today... That part sucked. My veins really are not that hard to find!? Why does a seasoned nurse choose a vein tucked between two knuckles to inject the dye? I am a wimp about needles, but if I could show a slide show of the times I have had blood drawn and/or IVs input, the majority would agree that there is cause to have sweaty palms. Today was no different. Nonetheless, I recognize my wimpyness. Much worse can happen and does to good people all the time. However, I am free of IVs and MRIs, God willing, for 6 months, since my doc says no growth at all! He does not need to see a new MRI for 6 months instead of 3 previously prescribed. I am happy to concur with this diagnosis after reviewing the MRI. This solidifies my decision to not start chemo right now as it does not appear to be immediately necessary.

There is a lot of good stuff going on in our lives. I have been enjoying that, and yet experiencing anxiety like I never knew was possible. That is partially responsible for my lack of communication with good friends and family. Ok, maybe that is an excuse.

Anyway, I am grateful to so many people right now, and I promise I will soon get my act together and reach out to the good friends, neighbors, and loving family who have done so much for our family in the last few months. I love you all and hope all is well with you. I am going on two fishing trips that I have been looking forward too, all the while knowing they could be cancelled, if the news today were not so rosy. I will share pictures of those good times in a few weeks, and I promise to get over the communication overload.

In the mean time get your amalgam filings removed properly, consider buying a juicer, avoid MSG, quit using tobacco, and consider your health seriously. Take small steps to improve it. No one else will, I promise. See... now you won't want to read a post from me for another 2 months.

Smootchie Bootchies.

5 comments:

rachelkfrost said...

Good news Broseph! Love you!

The Johnson's said...

I am glad to hear the good news. I was wondering how you were doing since I hadn't seen any new posts, but of course your blog is not the most important thing.... Your family will still be in our prayers and let us know if we can do anything.

fuelMybrain said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to hear from you and that you're doing great. Don't underestimate your readers, we want to hear from you whether it's funny, sad, happy or just plain ranting! :-)

I need to get ahold of the list of names used in-leui of MSG...

Also avoid aspertain AND genetically modified foods as our bodies cannot process them: If you see a #sticker on fruit/veggies starting with the number 8 - RUN!!! :-) If you're curious, those starting w/4 were grown "normally" ie. pesticides, and the 9 means organic. There's your "I learn something new everyday" tidbit for today.

XOXOXO
Liv

Janan said...

Glad the news was good. Have fun fishing. Mike is excited to go.

Tony said...

I am glad I just read that last paragraph. I was considering opening this new pack of MSG infused juiceless cigarette I just bought.

I'm going to change my ways. Give me a call sometime you bastard. I think you need to buy me lunch after all the unreturned phone calls. ;-)